Do you have kids, pets or even both? Do you like getting value for your money? Then you’ll want to read this! We all know the more you look after something, the longer it will last. This is certainly the case when it comes to extending the life of your interior painted walls. Let’s take a look at how we can make sure your walls stay in tip-top condition for as long as possible.
What to look out for to help extend the life of your interior painted walls
From pet slobber, through to scuff marks, grubby and sticky fingers. Perhaps you have a little Picasso in the making who has used your interior painted walls as a canvas. When it comes to your interior walls, they cop it all!
A great tip from our Sydney residential painters is to take the time to inspect your walls, especially high traffic areas. Areas such as staircase walls, hallways, kitchens, and kids’ bedrooms usually have the most wear and tear and follow our tips and tricks below
Tips to extend the life of your interior painted walls
- Maintenance: like anything maintenance goes a long way. So, regularly give your walls a wipe over and clean off any marks. Don’t forget your skirting boards, architraves, and internal doors too. It’s amazing where kids can get splatter or marks sometimes!
- Act fast: have you caught your child in the middle of their latest wall-art project? Act immediately! As soon as you can, try washing the wall. The longer you leave a mark, usually means the harder it will be to remove
- Cleaning solution: use a soft cloth or sponge with mild, soapy water to clean your walls. Apply gentle pressure when cleaning to avoid damaging the paintwork.
- Test First: always test your walls before you start wiping everything down! Find a hidden patch, perhaps in the lower corner of the room, and test your cleaning solutions. This will avoid any large scale paint damage!
- Magic Eraser: if you find a super stubborn stain, a Magic Eraser could be the answer. Just be careful with these products if your walls are newly painted.
- Invest in high-quality paint: the best way to extend the life of your interior wall paint it to start off with the best paint available! Taubmans Endure is our recommendation for long lasting, quality paint.
- Check your paint type: is your paint matte, semi-gloss, gloss, water based or oil based? Check this before you try cleaning anything. Different paints will need to be treated differently.
Interior painted walls covered in marks? It might be time to call in the professional painters!
So, you’ve tried everything, and your walls are still looking worse for wear? Or perhaps it’s just been quite a while since your interior walls were painted? Sometimes it’s hard to know when it’s time for the professional painters to pay a visit. If your walls need a re-vamp it’s important to choose a licensed painter to ensure you are getting a top quality paint job on your interior walls.
Painting is one of the easiest and most cost-effective ways to transform your Sydney home. Our professional painters have decades of experience and know how to help you extend the life of your interior walls. Summit Coatings are members of the Master Painters Association of NSW. We use only the best products and work closely with our customers to ensure everything runs smoothly. If you’re ready to get your interior walls painted, why not contact us today?
SEE THE DIFFERENCE WITH SUMMIT
Call us today 02 9973 3131