If you’ve been looking at hiring a painter recently, you might be aware of an industry body called the Master Painters Australia Association. Each state has its own division, with the Master Painters NSW being the biggest in Australia, and representing over 800 licensed painters.
The main goal of the Master Painter NSW Association is to advance, encourage and recognise the highest standards of trade craftsmanship and ethical business practice in residential, strata, industrial and historical projects. Basically, the Association strives to help their members achieve the best possible service for their clients.
To be a member of the Master Painter NSW Association, a contractor must be fully licensed and insured, and comply with a Code of Ethics. In return, the contractor receives a number of benefits including networking opportunities, access to professional development, financial and legal advice and more. But as a homeowner, how does hiring a Master Painter NSW help you?
Master Painter NSW Association members are certified
The first step to choosing a quality painter is to make sure your contractor is licensed and insured. Hiring an unlicensed painter can be the first step to unending problems with your next paint job. By hiring a Master Painter, you can be sure your contractor is licensed by the NSW Office of Fair Trading and that they have their insurances in order. However, before hiring any painting contractor, ensure you ask to see proof of their license and a Certificate of Currency for both their Worker’s Compensation and Public Liability Insurances. Plus, any works over $20,000 in value are required to have a Home Warranty Insurance certificate, provided by the contractor. All of these elements protect you as a homeowner, and make sure you’re receiving the best quality service.
Members are awarded for quality workmanship
Every year, the Master Painter NSW Association hosts an awards night called the Awards for Excellence. This event is the industry’s night of nights, and is an opportunity for painters to showcase their talents across a wide range of categories. Categories range from small decorative wall project right through to multi-storey projects worth in excess of $100,000. Whilst these awards are a chance for contractors to be recognised for their outstanding work, they also provide homeowners with clear indicators of a contractor’s abilities and specialties. Summit Coatings has been awarded many times over the past few years, including:
- 8-12 Ada Ave, Wahroonga – Difficult Access and Repaint
- 2 Snappermans Lane, Palm Beach – Timber Surfaces
- 8 Crummock St, Wheeler Heights – Heritage and Restoration under $ 25,000
- 645 Pacific Hwy, Killara – Multi unit repaint $ 50,000 – $ 100,000
- Domestic Multiresidential repaint under $100,000 – FRESHWATER
- Colour award residential – FRESHWATER
- Domestic single dwelling repaint under $30,000 – WOOLLAHRA
- Domestic single dwelling repaint over $30,000 – STRATHFIELD
- Timber finishes – PALM BEACH
- Domestic Multiresidential repaint under $100,000 – COLLAROY
- 68 Hudson Pde, CLAREVILLE – Timber Finishes
- 150 Whale Beach Rd, WHALE BEACH – Exterior Painting & Timber Finishes
- Cannon/Coronna St, STANMORE
- 47 Waitara Ave, WAITARA – Difficult Access
- 140 North Steyne, MANLY
- 8 Raglan Street, MOSMAN
- 62 Linden Way, CASTLECRAG
- Empire Hotel – ANNANDALE
- 68-72 Park Street, NARRABEEN
- 302 Hudson Parade, CLAREVILLE
- 433 Alfred Street North, NEUTRAL BAY – Difficult Access
- 433 Alfred Street North, NEUTRAL BAY – Painting
The Master Painter NSW Association will help in a crisis
If you were to experience difficulties with your chosen painting contractor, Master Painter NSW Association can assist in remedying any issues. These issues might include concerns about quality of work, unfair charges, failures to meet deadlines or any other problems which could arise. Whilst it’s highly unlikely you will have these sorts of problems with a Master Painter NSW member, it’s always nice to know there is a professional organisation who will listen and act for you if required.
If you are looking for an accredited Master Painter NSW, Summit Coatings is proud to be a member of the association. Our principal, Robin, is also the president of the Master Painters Association NSW and is dedicated to promoting continual industry improvement. For more information, contact Summit Coatings today.